Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pinterest my newest addiction!


A few months ago, I read about a website called Pinterest on one of the blogs I follow. I decided to check it out and see what it was all about, well needless to say I was hooked from day one! Since joining Pinterest I've found some amazing new recipes that I've tried, made various things for around the house and even made a gift or two! Since finding Pinterest, I don't spend as much time in the kitchen, now atleast once every week or two I'm crafting something I found on my favorite website!

Now that life has slowed down a bit, I'm going to do my best to be better about updating my blog!! From here out though, you can expect to see things besides new recipes! I'm going to try to post things that I've tried from Pinterest!

Yesterday, my brother-in-law and his girlfriend, Kelly came over to spend the day. The boys were all about the football, while Kelly and I tackled a few Pinterest projects! Oh and do a complete make-over of my horrendously huge mantle! Sooo.....onto what we made!

Our first project, was making a moss letter! We picked up a 22 inch paper-mache letter and sheet moss from Joann's, everything else we had at home! This was the great step-by-step tutorial we used to create our letter.


Our next project was cutting the tops or bottoms off of wine bottles to make them into vases or to put candles under them! Kelly was kind enough to bring several different shaped and colored bottles that we could use, so we had a variety to choose from. (and practice on!) This was by far the most challenging project we did!! It was by trial and error that we finally perfected how to cut the glass and have a clean cut! Here's one of the bottles we cut the bottom off of:




And lastly we painted clear glass containers to put candles in!



*disclaimer: So sorry for the subpar great pictures, when I went to take pictures with my SLR the battery was dead, I had to settle for using my phone instead!

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments: