Monday, March 3, 2008

Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting


Let me start by saying, I am not a big fan of peanut butter. It is one of those things I could never eat again and would never miss it. I have a friend though, who loves peanut butter more than life itself or so it seems. Lol I made her chocolate cupcakes frosted with peanut butter buttercream frosting. I have to admit, it was actually really really good! I surprised myself how much I really liked it. The combination of the two was much like a Reese's peanut butter cup. I will warn you though, this frosting is really rich.
What you will need:
1/2 cup butter (softened)
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
1/4 cups + 1 to 2 tbs heavy cream
Cream together the butter and peanut butter. Then add the powdered sugar & 1/4 cup of the heavy whipping cream. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons as needed til you have the consistency that you're wanting.






3 comments:

Kristina said...

Hi, I love the sound of this buttercream. I was wondering if it has a "knock you in the face" peanut butter flavor or if it is subtle. Thanks so much for posting this...I can't wait to try it!

Whitney said...

Hi Kristina,

No it really doesn't, I'm not a big peanut butter fan....but I don't mind this frosting at all!

Karen said...

Thanks for the recipe. I successfully used it on a 3 layer chocolate cake I made and decorated with Reeses. Definitely will make it again in the future.