Monday, January 11, 2010



Well I'm a bit late posting this one, but I still believe better late
than never! Right?!

Each year my mom and I get together for our annual "Bake Day" at my
house. We attempt new things and then we always do our old favorites
that everybody loves! For Christmas gifts to friends and family we
give them a tin full of sweet goodies! Everybody always seems to love
it, not to mention many now expect it each year!


I'm going to break the recipes up into several posts.

First and foremost, by far my favorite!



My mom has been making Toffee for years, it's something you'll always find in our Christmas candy tins! I do have to admit though, I don't have the patience to make Toffee! Standing at the stove stirring for what seems like forever just isn't for me! Mom on the other hand is patient, she makes several batches each year! Despite the amount of patience needed for making the Toffee it is well worth it!

Toffee

1 lb butter
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup of water
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup milk chocolate chips

1. Spread pecans evenly over a well greased jelly roll pan. Saving some to sprinkle on top of the melted chocolate.

2. Add butter, sugar and water to a 4 quart sauce pan. Boil on high to 300 degrees on a candy thermometer. STIRRING CONSTANTLY!

3. Pour mixture over pecans in jelly roll pan. Let it sit for about 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the toffee mixture, spreading after they melt. Sprinkle remaining pecans on top of the chocolate.

4. Set aside to cool. When toffee has harden break into pieces.

No comments: