Sunday, June 1, 2008

Grand Marnier Cranberry Cookies

I can't believe it's been so long since I've updated, I've actually got quite a few updates to do but haven't had the time. Last semester of school kicked my butt, I had no extra time for fun stuff.

So onto today's recipe, these cookies are so good! I'm not a fan of cranberries, so I didn't expect to like them. I was proven wrong with one bite! My mom loves anything cranberry, I'd purchased some cranraisins but couldn't decide what to do with them. After searching online, I found a recipe to use I just made a few adjustments to it.

What you'll need:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups slightly chopped cranraisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

(Makes 3 dozen)
How to:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg until well blended. Mix in orange zest, orange juice and Grand Marnier. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the orange mixture. Mix in cranraisins and walnuts, until evenly distributed. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Cookies should be spaced at least 2 inches apart.
Bake for 12 to 14 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges are golden. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.


Side note: next time I'll increase the cranraisins to 2 cups and the Grand Marnier to 2 tablespoons
recipe adapted from allrecipes.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These look delicious! I can't wait to try them out this weekend! -e