Saturday, September 18, 2010

Ranch Oyster Crackers




I was searching for a simple and quick snack recipe, I came across these. I’ve made a different version of these in the past, with just the dry ranch seasoning mix and oil. However, I didn’t care for them, they were just missing something. I figured I’d give this recipe a shot but alter it just a tad. With the few alterations, they turned out great! They’re quick and easy to make, you have no excuse not to try them!

Sometimes I don’t have time to make anything elaborate to take to a gathering. The next time I need to take something to a football party, I will be taking these!! You can’t go wrong with an inexpensive easy recipe!!

Ranch Oyster Crackers
½ cup of vegetable oil
1 oz packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
½ tsp dried dill
¼ tsp garlic powder (you can up this to ½ tsp if you like a stronger garlic flavor)
12 oz package of oyster crackers

Directions:
Preheat oven to 275
In small bowl, whisk together oil, dill, garlic powder and dressing mix. Spread out oyster crackers in a large baking sheet. Pour mixture over crackers, stirring until crackers are well coated. Bake in preheated oven at 275 for 15-20 minutes; stirring at about 10 minutes into the baking time.


If you’d like to have a little variety, add some pretzels, gold fish, unsalted peanuts or bagel chips to the mix!

No comments: