Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Mexican Deviled Eggs



When you need something to take to a gathering but don't have much time or money, this is it!! These deviled eggs are so tasty, my husband will no longer eat the deviled eggs that I use to make! I've taken these to several gatherings and every time they're gone quickly! I learned the hard way to save myself a couple so I atleast get one or two!

There is only one adaption I've made to the original recipe I have, that is to add more salsa! I always add about a tablespoon or two more than it calls for.

Also, I use Mama G's Salsa in a Snap! I think it makes the eggs that much tastier! (When making my salsa, I don't leave the tomatoes diced as her directions say, I put mine into the food processor to chop them up a little bit)

TIP: When peeling your hard boiled eggs: roll them across the counter to get the shell cracked into small pieces it will then just peel off all in one piece!


Mexican Deviled Eggs
12 hard boiled eggs
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup salsa
1/4 cup finely grated shredded monterey pepper jack cheese
2 tablespoons finely chipped cilantro
Salt & Pepper to taste

Mash up the yolks using a fork. Combine yolks and ingredients together in a bowl, then fill egg whites with mixture. Use a cilantro leaf to garnish or chopped chives




If you'd like to purchase Mama G's Salsa in a Snap you can order it here: http://mamagcreations.com/index.html

No comments: